- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Report: 28-year-old close to agreeing £200k-a-week deal with Arsenal
According to a report in the Mirror today, Mesut Ozil is close to committing his long-term future to Arsenal by signing a new £200,000-a-week deal with the club.
Ozil is approaching the final 18 months of his current £140,000-a-week contract – which he signed after moving to the Emirates in a £42m deal from Real Madrid in 2013.
The 28-year-old’s representatives have been in negotiations with the club over an extension since before the summer and talks have been dragging on for several months with his agents pushing for a bumper pay-packet.
However, the Mirror claim that fresh negotiations have been held during the international break and Ozil is now on the verge of penning a lucrative new deal worth £200,000-a-week – which would make him the highest paid player in the clubs history.
Ozil has been an excellent signing since arriving from Madrid and has been in sensational form so far this season so news that he’s close to agreeing a new deal will come as a welcome relief.
The German international recently dropped a huge hint that he’s settled at Arsenal after reports claimed he’s bought a new £10m mansion in north London – adding further weight behind the theory that he’s set to sign a new deal.
So it looks like Ozil is ready to follow Hector Bellerin in committing his future to Arsenal amid reports the Spaniard has agreed a new six-year deal with the club.
However, it doesn’t look like we’re any closer to tying Alexis Sanchez down to an extension with rumours suggesting he wants a buy-out clause included in any contract as well as a huge rise on his current £130,000-a-week deal.