- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal star signs new £100k-a-week contract, Ozil & Sanchez latest
Arsenal have been handed a huge boost as the Mirror claim that Hector Bellerin has now signed a new six-year deal worth over £100,000-a-week.
Bellerin has become a key figure in Arsene Wenger’s starting eleven since breaking in to the first team two years ago and the youngster was rewarded with a new deal just last year.
However, the 21-year-old has continued his rapid rise to the top by becoming one of the best full-backs in Europe, sparking interest from both Manchester City and Barcelona.
Understandably, the club have been keen to tie Bellerin down to a new long-term deal so entered negations with his camp and it looks as though an agreement has been quickly reached.
According to the Mirror, Hector was so keen to sign, a deal was agreed in just 4 days and the defender has now put pen-to-paper on a SIX year deal worth in excess of £100,000-a-week.
It makes Bellerin one of Arsenal’s highest earners and he’ll bank over £30m over the next six years when bonuses and add ons are included, highlighting his importance to the team.
I’m absolutely delighted that Hector has committed his long-term future to the Emirates as he’s a vital member of the team and will go on to become one of the best full-backs in the world over the coming years.
Thoughts must now turn to Arsenal tying Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez down to new contracts as their existing deals have less than two years left to run and negotiations have been dragging on for some time.
The Mirror claim that Ozil is close to agreeing terms over a new five-year deal with the German international understood to be demanding around £200, 000-a-week so hopefully we hear some positive news on that front soon.
However, it sounds like the negotiations with Sanchez aren’t quite so close as the paper goes on to say that the Chilean international is wanting a buy out clause inserted in to any new deal.
English clubs don’t usually like to put buy out clauses in contracts and it’s certainly not as common here as it is abroad, but as long as we can set the release fee at around £200m, I don’t see why we can’t adhere to Sanchez’s demand!