- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Confirmed: Arsenal star suffers muscle injury ahead of Man Utd trip
Arsenal have been hit by yet another injury blow with the news that Alexis Sanchez has suffered a muscle injury ahead of our huge trip to Manchester United later this month.
After playing 90 minutes during Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham on Sunday afternoon, Alexis flew out to South America on Monday to link up with the Chile squad ahead of their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Uruguay.
However, it looks as though the 27-year-old has gone and picked up an injury as the Mirror are one of several media outlets carrying a statement from the Chilean FA that confirms Sanchez has suffered a ‘low grade muscle injury’ in training today.
Alexis is now set to miss the trip to Colombia on Thursday to remain in Santiago to rest but will be assessed before the home game with Uruguay on November 15th.
The newspaper quotes the Chilean FA as saying:
“The Medical Corps of the Chilean national team informs the player Alexis Sanchez has a low-grade muscle injury.
“The athlete will stay in Santiago, under treatment and evaluation to the meeting of Chile to Uruguay.”
We’ll have to wait and see how serious the injury turns out to be but this is the last thing we need with some huge games on the horizon which could define our season.
We head to Old Trafford to take on Mourinho’s United immediately after the international break before welcoming PSG to the Emirates the following Wednesday for a huge Champions League tie that will determine who finishes top of Group A.
Sanchez must now be considered a doubt for those games as even a grade 1 muscle injury should take a couple of weeks to heal, and it would be a major blow if he was to miss those key matches.
The news comes amid other reports claiming that Hector Bellerin has also suffered a knock in training with the Spanish under-21’s so it looks as though the November curse has well and truly hit Arsenal once again.