- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Talks underway as Arsenal look to sign £40m striker & £35m attacker
Arsene Wenger is continuing to work hard on strengthening his squad ahead of the new season but the latest Premier League lines will certainly be affected if the Arsenal boss can pull off this sensational £75m double swoop….
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger is ready to splash out £75m to sign Leicester City attacker Riyad Mahrez and Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette this summer.
The boss has been desperately trying to strengthen his attacking options but we’ve been frustrated with moves for a number of high profile players such as Jamie Vardy and Gonzalo Higuain.
But it looks like Wenger has now set his sights on bringing in two new faces over the coming weeks with the Mirror claiming we’re lining-up big-money moves for both Mahrez and Lacazette.
Mahrez has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates recently and reports just yesterday suggested that the Leicester star has agreed to join Arsenal after Wenger held talks with his agent after our friendly with Lens on Friday night.
Claudio Ranieri is determined to keep hold of the PFA Player of the Year but he’s always said he wont keep players against their will and the Mirror claim that Leicester will be willing to sell for around £35m.
That would be an excellent deal for a player of his quality and Mahrez would be a significant improvement on our current right-wing options after scoring 17 goals as well as providing 10 assists last season.
And it could be a sensational double swoop as the Mirror say that Wenger is also pressing ahead with a move for Lacazette as he looks to bring in competition for Olivier Giroud.
The 25-year-old is one of the best strikers in Ligue 1 and scored 23 goals for Lyon last year despite enduring a poor start to the season that saw him score just once in his opening eight games.
The newspaper claims Wenger has already held talks with the French international’s agent and while Lyon don’t want to lose their top scorer, they are ready to sell if an offer of £40m is put on the table.
Signing Mahrez and Lacazette would cost a combined £75m which is big money for Arsene but they would significantly improve our attacking options so I’d love to see both players join Arsenal this summer.
The Mirror suggest that Wenger is keen to get new faces on board before our opener against Liverpool so we should see some movement over the next couple of weeks. Here’s hoping the boss can pull off this double deal….