- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Attacker agrees to join Arsenal ahead of £42m move – report
Some exciting news to bring you as Eurosport FR are reporting that Rihad Mahrez has agreed to join Arsenal and a potential £42m move is now expected to be concluded swiftly.
Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen his attack this summer and Mahrez is one of several players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks.
We were handed a major boost in our pursuit last week when the Mirror reported that Barcelona had ruled themselves out of the running leaving Arsenal and Chelsea to battle-it-out over the 25-year-old’s signature.
It seems we’ve now won the race as Eurosport FR are claiming that Mahrez has agreed a deal to join Arsenal after Wenger held face-to-face talks with his agent Kamel Bengougam after our 1-1 draw with Lens last night.
The report suggests that Arsenal will now table a formal £42m (€50m) offer and the deal is set to be concluded swiftly as Leicester aren’t expected to block Mahrez’s exit now that he’s made his choice.
Claudio Ranieri has been keen to persuade the Algerian international to remain with the Premier League champions but it appears they’ve accepted he’s going to leave and have already signed Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow as a replacement.
Eurosport FR say that talks between all parties are now at an advanced stage and they fully expect negotiations to be wrapped-up quickly meaning Mahrez should be an Arsenal player soon.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind these reports but Eurosport FR is a solid source so there could be something in this one. I certainly hope so anyway as Mahrez would be a superb addition to the squad.
He’d bring a real threat to our right wing and an attacking trio of Mahrez/Ozil/Sanchez behind a top class striker is a mouth-watering prospect, that’s for sure.
If we do end up signing Mahrez, then it will call into question Theo Walcott’s future at the club. I’d personally like to see Theo stay as a squad player but the likelihood is he’ll be sold to make room for Mahrez.