- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal hope to beat Chelsea to striker with £144k-a-week offer
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are hoping to beat the likes of Chelsea to the signing of Alvaro Morata by offering the Spanish striker a bumper deal worth £144,000-a-week.
Arsene Wenger is in the market for a new striker after Jamie Vardy snubbed a move to the Emirates in favour of signing a new deal at Leicester and Morata has been strongly linked with a move in the media recently.
The 23-year-old has rejoined Real Madrid after they activated a £23m buyback clause that was inserted in to his deal when he was sold to Juventus two years ago and the Champions League winners are now set to sell him on to turn a quick profit.
Arsenal are among the clubs who’ve been credited with an interest in the Spanish international in recent weeks along with the likes of Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain [source: talkSPORT].
However, talkSPORT are citing reports coming from Spanish outlet AS that claim we are ready to blow the competition away by offering Morata a bumper deal worth £144,000-a-week in order to make the move to north London.
It would make a refreshing change if Arsenal were the club to flex their financial muscle to sign a player as we’re normally the one’s who are ‘blown out the water’. But sadly, if Chelsea or PSG really want Morata, they can both easily afford £144,000-a-week and then some.
Therefore, if Arsenal are prepared to pay the striker those sort of wages, then it will just come down to how much our competition wants him. Chelsea have just signed Michy Batshuayi for £33m so their need for a striker has diminished but PSG need another frontman after losing Ibrahimovic so they could be our main competition.
The only hope is Morata has his heart set on moving to the Premier League. If that’s the case, we could have a decent chance of winning the race for his signature.