- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
Arsenal striker claims he’s on course for “early” injury return
Arsenal have been handed a timely injury boost with Lucas Perez claiming that he’s on course to make an “early” return from an ankle injury.
Perez was sidelined after suffering ankle ligament damage during our League Cup win over Reading at the Emirates last month following a strong challenge by Danzell Gravenberch in the 72nd minute.
The Spanish hitman was initially ruled out for around six weeks and wasn’t expected to return to action until mid-November, however, it looks as though he could be set for a speedy recovery.
Perez has taken to Twitter to upload a video of him back on the training pitch doing light shuttle runs with a caption saying he’s on course for a quick recovery. The striker said:
Working already on the pitch. On track for an early recovery.
Perez doesn’t give any indication as to when he might be available again but the news will come as a welcome boost to Arsene Wenger as we continue to sweat over the fitness of Alexis Sanchez.
Our star striker has suffered a hamstring injury while away on international duty with Chile and it’s not clear how long he’ll be on the sidelines for so Perez returning sooner than expected could be well timed.
The Spaniard has found first team football hard to come by since joining from Deportivo La Coruna in the summer but he’d give us another vital option through the middle if Sanchez is ruled out for any significant period of time.
Trabajando ya sobre el césped. Working already on the pitch. On track for an early recovery. https://t.co/J3vvVZxJWn
— Lucas Pérez (@LP10oficial) November 10, 2016