- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Alexis Sanchez injury update – the latest
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are hoping Chile will allow Alexis Sanchez to return to north London to undergo treatment after the striker suffered a calf injury in training earlier this week.
Sanchez linked-up with the Chile squad on Monday after playing the full 90 minutes during Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon.
The attacker limped out of training on Tuesday after suffering a ‘low-grade’ muscle tear in his calf and was immediately ruled out of Chile’s World Cup qualifier against Colombia tonight.
The Chilean FA say the injury will be assessed over the coming days before his availability for their clash with Uruguay next Tuesday will be determined but manager Juan Antonio Pizzi hasn’t ruled the Arsenal hitman out of that qualifier.
Sanchez himself has been quoted as saying that he’s ‘fine’ and should be fit to take on Uruguay:
“It is hurting a bit but I’m fine. I’ll be back for Tuesday.” Sanchez is quoted as saying by the Mirror
However, the Mirror claim that Arsenal have been in touch with the Chile camp and are understandably reluctant to take any chances with Alexis and don’t want them to rush the attacker back too soon.
The newspaper says that if scan results show the injury isn’t healing quickly, then Chile may rule Sanchez out of the Uruguay game and allow him to fly back to London to undergo treatment.
The good news is that everybody seems to think the injury isn’t serious and the Mirror say that Arsenal are hoping he’ll be fit to take on Manchester United next Saturday at Old Trafford.
However, we all know what Alexis is like and he’ll do everything he can to get on the pitch for Chile’s game with Uruguay. If he does start, he’ll be taking a huge risk of aggravating the injury even further.
It’s going to be an interesting few days but let’s just pray that Sanchez comes back to North London in one piece and will be available to take on United next weekend as it would be a major blow to lose him.