- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Agent Offers Update On Future Of €35m Arsenal Target – Confirms Move Is Close
Another day and another update on the future of Arsenal target Jackson Martinez with his agent confirming a move to AC Milan is now close.
Martinez is expected to leave Porto this summer after hitting 32 goals in 42 games for the Portuguese giants last season.
He’s been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent months but AC Milan have emerged as favourites to sign the Colombian international.
The strikers agent Luiz Henrique Pompeo told the press earlier this week that the 28-year-old hitman was close to joining a ‘big European club’ after they had supposedly met his €35m buy-out clause and rumours intensified that he was off to the San Siro.
Pompeo then played down talk of a ‘done deal’ with Milan, saying that a second mystery club had tabled an offer with Arsenal tipped by the media to have made a late hijack attempt.
However, Martinez’s agent has once again been speaking to the newspapers and he says he’s now ‘optimistic’ a deal with Milan will go through over the coming days.
“I am optimistic on Jackson’s move to Milan, but we’re not quite there yet,” Luiz Henrique Pompeo is quoted as saying by talkSPORT
“There is a good possibility we’ll conclude the transfer, but we are not yet at the all-clear moment.”
“What I can say with certainty is that Martinez is a player worthy of a top club and Milan have history. The Rossoneri are not just a big club, but a huge one.”
So, unless things change again, it looks like we’ve missed out on Martinez and he’s off to AC Milan. There’s no denying he knows where the goal is but I won’t be too disappointed.
There have also been strong rumours linking us with Gonzalo Higuain recently and I’d much prefer we sign the Argentinean international this summer, so fingers crossed we can lure him to the Emirates as he’d be an outstanding addition.