- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
“I’m 90% Sure He’ll Join Arsenal” – €40m Striker Tipped To Make Gunners Move
Some very interesting quotes coming from former Napoli star Jose Alberti as he claims that Gonzalo Higuain will almost certainly be an Arsenal player next season.
Higuain is expected to leave Napoli this summer after the clubs failure to qualify for the Champions League and the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move.
Some reports claim we’ve already held talks with the strikers representatives after supposedly tabling a €40m bid, while the newspapers suggested earlier this week that Jose Mourinho wants to be reunited with the Argentinean after spending three years together at Real Madrid.
However, former Napoli star Jose Alberti has now told media outlet Calcio Napoli 24 that he doesn’t think Higuain would join Chelsea as Mourinho didn’t start him at Madrid and he’s ’90% sure’ the striker will join Arsenal instead.
When asked about a potential move to England for Higuain, Alberti said:
“Mourinho didn’t play him, so I don’t think he would go to Chelsea.
‘’In my opinion, I’m 90% sure he will go to Arsenal. It could earn be a minimum of €5million.
‘’It is not possible that a player like him wants to remain at Napoli this year after missing out on the Champions League.’’
It’s not clear whether Alberti has any inside knowledge or why he’s so sure Higuain will join Arsenal, but the former Napoli player is believed to still have close ties to the club.
Let’s hope he’s right as Higuain would be an excellent signing for Arsenal. Despite a disappointing campaign for Napoli, Higuain still bagged 29 goals in all competitions so he’d no doubt bring a real goal threat to the squad if he did make the move to North London.