- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Still In For £25m Striker As Agent Confirms Offer From Mystery Club
Arsenal are still in with a chance of signing Jackson Martinez after the players agent denied a move to AC Milan was a ‘done deal’.
As I reported earlier, speculation from Italy yesterday claimed that Martinez was on his way to the San Siro after AC Milan had supposedly agreed to trigger his £25m buy-out clause and agreed personal terms over a four-year deal.
However, it appears those reports were inaccurate as the Colombian international’s agent Luiz Henrique Pompeo has now revealed that a deal with the Italians is not yet in place and he also confirmed they’ve got an offer from an unnamed second club.
Pompeo told reporters:
“Milan we really like, it is a top club, but on the scales we also have an offer from another top club,”
“We have to meet again with (Milan CEO, Adriano) Galliani between tomorrow and the day after, there are still things to be placed, the agreement has not yet been completed.
“How is the situation between Milan and Porto? I do not know, I do not take part in the negotiations between the clubs.”
Could the mystery club be Arsenal? It’s certainly a possibility. We’ve been strongly linked with the striker for months and there were even reports in May that we had agreed personal terms with the player.
However, I still think Martinez is going to end up joining AC Milan and although he’s an excellent striker, I personally won’t be too disappointed.
There have also been strong rumours linking us with Gonzalo Higuain recently and I’d much prefer we sign the Argentinean international this summer.
If we were to miss out on both, then I’d start to worry as there is a distinct lack of top class goalscorers on the market this summer and we need more competition up frotn if we’re to push for the title next season.