- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Club Confirms They Are ‘Close To Agreeing €8m Deal’ With Arsenal
It appears we’re closing in on another midfielder as the Daily Mail are reporting that Dinamo Zagreb have confirmed they are close to agreeing terms with Arsenal over an €8m deal for Marcelo Brozovic.
As we reported earlier, widespread speculation claimed that we had renewed our interest in Brozovic and tabled an improved offer for the 22-year-old having already had a bid rejected by Zagreb back in October.
It seems those reports had some foundation as the Daily Mail are now reporting that the Croatian outfit have confirmed to them that they received an €8m (£6m) from Arsenal for Brozovic on Monday afternoon.
Zagreb have supposedly told the newspaper that a deal is close and they will use the money to try and sign Manchester United’s Angelo Henriquez on a permanent basis, with the striker scoring 7 goals in his 12 appearances while on loan this season.
Brozovic is a tall playmaker who likes to get forward but Arsenal are believed to see him as a defensive midfielder, so he could be Arsene Wenger’s long-term replacement for Mikel Arteta.
If we manage to seal a deal, we could land two midfielders this month as we’re also understood to be on the verge of signing highly-rated Polish youngster Krystian Bielik after agreeing a £2.4m fee with Legia Warsaw.