- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Table Improved €9m Offer For Croatian International
Arsenal appear to be stepping up their attempts to bring in fresh faces this month as reports today are claiming that we’ve tabled an improved offer worth in the region of €9m for Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Marcelo Brozovic.
We were linked with Brozovic last month when it was suggested that we’d seen our opening £5m offer rejected by the Croatian club.
The speculation then died down a little bit and it looked like Arsene Wenger may have turned his attention to other targets.
However, it seems we’ve renewed our interest as the Metro are citing reports from Sky Italia that claim we’ve submitted an improved offer believed to be worth up to €9m (£7m) for the 22-year-old midfielder.
Brozovic is highly-rated in his homeland and caught the eye with some impressive displays for Croatia at the World Cup. Despite being just 22, he’s already racked up over 150 appearances for club and country, so he could be a decent addition to the squad if we can get a deal agreed.
He’s not a natural defensive midfielder as he likes to get forward, so he’s more of a box-to-box type player. Perhaps in the mold of Aaron Ramsey.
It remains to be seen whether Zagreb will knock back this latest bid but it appears Arsene is really pushing hard to try and bring in a new central midfielder this month.
As well as being linked with Brozovic, we’ve also reportedly tabled a bid for Ilkay Gundogan and had a bid accepted for Krystian Bielik, so I think we can expect to see at least one new midfielder to arrive over the coming days.