- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Fee Agreed: Arsenal Have Midfielder Bid Accepted
We’ve got some excellent news to bring you as it looks as though Arsenal are set to conclude their first January signing with the Guardian reporting that we’ve had a bid accepted by Legia Warsaw for Krystian Bielik.
The 17-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks and as we reported last night, chief transfer negotiator Dick Law flew out to Poland this morning to hold face-to-face talks.
Having already seen bids of £1.6m and £2m rejected by Legia, it seems the personal touch has done the trick as the Guardian claim the negotiations went well and our third bid was accepted this afternoon.
The newspaper doesn’t state what the fee is, but they do believe the deal includes various add ons with the deal expected to be worth up to £2.4m, and Bielik will join the club immediately rather than stay with Legia until the end of the season, as they have previously requested.
So it looks as though we’re now close to securing our first signing of the January window and although he may not be the ‘big name’ many fans are craving, Bielik certainly sounds like he has a bright future ahead of him.
We’ll bring you more news on this deal as we get it…..