- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
“We Know Of Arsenal’s Interest, Marcelo Wants To Play For Them”
The agent of Marcelo Brozovic has confirmed Arsenal’s interest in signing the Croatian midfielder and says the player would jump at the chance of moving to the Emirates.
We’ve been strongly linked with Brozovic this month with recent reports suggesting that we’d tabled an €8m (£6m) bid to Dinamo Zagreb for the 22-year-old.
It remains to be seen whether the Croatian outfit will accept that kind of money for the midfielder but it appears Brozovic would be keen on making the move if we can agree a deal.
The players agent, Miroslav Bicanic, has now been quoted as telling reporters that he’d be interested in playing in the Premier League for a team like Arsenal, but insists nothing has been agreed as yet.
“We are talking to several clubs, although there is nothing concrete at this moment,” Bicanic told Goal.
“We know of Arsenal’s interest, but there is nothing agreed. At this moment Marcelo is with Dinamo and everything depends on Dinamo.
“They have to agree a price with a club and then we can hold talks.
“Of course Marcelo would be interested in playing in the Premier League with a club such as Arsenal.
“We hope he can change clubs and come to England as it is one of the best leagues in the world, but the decision depends on Dinamo.”
Brozovic is a tall playmaker who likes to get forward but there has been suggestions that Arsene wants to convert him into a more defensive-minded midfielder if we can bring him to the club.
If we manage to seal a deal, we could land two midfielders this month as we’re on the verge of signing highly-rated Polish youngster Krystian Bielik after agreeing a £2.4m fee with Legia Warsaw.