- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Sagna ‘Completes Medical After Agreeing £140k-A-Week Man City Deal’
Bacary Sagna appears on the brink of leaving Arsenal with some reports today claiming he has already completed a medical with Manchester City after agreeing terms over a three-year deal worth £140,000-a-week.
Sagna’s contract is due to expire and the right-back is widely expected to end his six-year stay in North London after failing to agree terms over an extension, despite holding several rounds of talks with the club.
The 31-year-old has been holding out for us to improve upon our final offer, but Arsenal officials are understood to have refused to budge with our latest offer being a two-year deal with the option of a third year worth around £80,000-a-week.
Sagna was in tears after the FA Cup final on Saturday and during the victory parade the following day but it appears he hasn’t wasted any time in trying to resolve his future as there were reports yesterday suggesting he was due in Manchester to hold formal talks with City over a move to the Etihad.
The Daily Star claim today that those talks were successful and Sagna agreed terms over a three-year deal worth a ridiculous £140,000-a-week on Monday, with the Premier League champions forced to up their offer to fend off late interest from Manchester United.
The newspaper also suggests that the Frenchman completed his medical last night and will officially put pen-to-paper in the next couple of days as he wants the move tied up before he joins up with the France squad on Friday.
Personally, I’d be hugely surprised if this report is accurate as I just don’t see Sagna trotting off to Manchester just 24 hours after celebrating with the Arsenal fans, but I suppose you just never know.
If he’s made his mind up that he’s leaving, there’s no point in dragging this out any longer. I’ll be disappointed to see him go but we’re not going to match the supposed £140,000-a-week City are offering, and rightly so. That’s a crazy sum for a full-back who’s the wrong side of thirty.
Good luck Bac, you’ve been a great servant but I just hope you don’t see out your final years warming the City bench.