- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal ‘Set To Make’ First Summer Signing – Report
According to reports today, Serge Aurier is set to become Arsenal’s first summer signing as we look to tie up a £7m deal for Bacary Sagna’s replacement.
I brought you reports earlier that claimed Sagna has already agreed terms over a move to Manchester City and could even have passed a medical, with the official announcement due before the end of the week.
It leaves Arsene Wenger with a huge void to fill at right-back and the Daily Star claim the boss has already identified Toulouse defender Serge Aurier as the man for the job.
The 21-year-old has enjoyed an excellent season in France with his impressive displays down the right side earning him a place in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
With 6 goals to his name last season and his adventurous style of play, it’s easy to see why Aurier has been dubbed as the ‘Dani Alves of Ligue 1′ by journalists across the channel.
The Star claim thatas soon as Sagna’s move to City is sealed, Arsene will move quickly to tie up a £7m deal for Aurier with the Ivory Coast international set to become our first major signing of the summer.
Aurier is a self-confessed Arsenal fan and shared photos of himself wearing an Arsenal shirt while on holiday last summer. When quizzed about a move to the Emirates last month, the youngster confirmed he’d jump at the chance, calling it a ‘dream’.
“You can’t refuse an offer from Arsenal.
“It would be a dream.” Aurier said.
I will be gutted when Sagna does officially leave but Aurier seems like he’d be a great replacement and it’s always good to have player who genuinely support the club playing for us.
£7m would also be a bargain for a player of his potential, so fingers crossed this report is accurate and we get a deal done quickly when Sagna’s confirms his move to City.