- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
“You Can’t Say No To Arsenal” – €9m Ace On His Proposed Gunners Move
Toulouse defender Serge Aurier has once again reiterated his desire to join Arsenal after saying he’d be unable to turn down the chance to move to the Emirates.
With Bacary Sagna widely expected to leave the club after failing to agree terms over a contract extension, Aurier has been tipped to become the Frenchman’s replacement.
Some reports earlier this week had even suggested that we’d opened formal talks with Toulouse over a potential £7m move to sign the 21-year-old, and everything is supposedly in place to conclude a deal once Sagna’s confirms his exit.
Whether there is any foundation to that speculation remains to be seen but it appears Aurier is more than up for the move, saying he wouldn’t be able to say no if Arsenal came calling. He said:
“I will privilege the one that will show the most interest in me, that will give me the most game time. After that, you can’t really say ‘no’ to Arsenal.
“It’s a club with history, with a French manager, who has welcomed many French players.
“Arsenal are always thereabouts when it comes to trophies and a club that plays in the Champions League.” [source: Goal]
Aurier is a self-confessed Arsenal fan and has publicly stated his desire to move to north London in the past, while the right-back also posted pictures of himself wearing an Arsenal while on holiday last summer.
He certainly seems like an Arsenal Wenger ‘type’ of signing and he looks like he’d be a perfect replacement for Sagna as he can also play in the middle of defence if needed.
The Ivory Coast international is highly-rated in France and was recently named in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year, so if Sagna does end up leaving, then Aurier would be a decent player to fill his boots.