- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-2 Man City: Bellerin & Coquelin poor
Arsenal came from behind twice to draw 2-2 with Manchester City at the Emirates this afternoon.
Another sloppy start and poor defending from Bellerin let City take an early lead through Sane before Walcott equalised with a close range finish.
City took the lead against through a fine strike from Aguero just before half time but we managed to rescue a point when Mustafi headed home shortly after the break.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6.5/10 | Great save to deny Fernandinho at 2-2 and came off his line well a couple of times.
Bellerin 4.5/10 | Woeful defending for the opener. Had to tuck inside of Sane once Mustafi was out of position. His form is poor right now.
Mustafi 6/10 | Assisted Walcott’s goal and grabbed an equaliser with a fine header but should have made more attempt to keep Aguero’s goal out.
Koscielny 6/10 | Off injured at half time with an Achilles problem. Let’s hope it’s not serious.
Monreal 6/10 | A threat going forward but dodgy at the back like the rest of the defence.
Xhaka 6/10 | All over the place in the first half but improved as the game went on. Booked, obviously.
Coquelin 5/10 | Also booked and was terrible in the first half. Better after the break but still well short of the quality we need.
Walcott 6.5/10 | Poked home the equaliser and was an occasional threat down the wing but wasn’t involved enough.
Özil 6/10 | Shocking for their second goal as he lost the ball twice in the build up. Assisted the Mustafi goal and showed a few nice touches but needed more from him.
Sanchez 6.5/10 | Looked frustrated at times again but showed his class in flashes. Held on to the ball for too long on occasion.
Welbeck 6/10 | Put in a real shift up front but still looks a yard short of his best.
Gabriel 6.5/10 | Did well after replacing Koscielny.
Giroud 5/10 | Very little impact on the game.
Iwobi 6/10 | Made a decent impact in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch.
We did well to come from behind twice to salvage a point but a draw isn’t enough as we remain sixth in the table and seven points off the top four. West Ham at home up next on Wednesday….