- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
According to the Sun, Arsenal are among the clubs who have offered Sead Kolasinac a lucrative contract as the defender prepares to leave Schalke on a free transfer this summer.
Arsene Wenger looks increasingly likely to defy disgruntled fans by signing a new contract and the boss is already pressing ahead with his summer transfer plans.
While his main concern will no doubt be resolving the future’s of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, Wenger also has plenty of other areas of the squad to worry about with a new left-back also on the agenda.
Kieran Gibbs is approaching the final year of his contract and is being tipped to finally leave the Emirates after failing to hold down a regular place while Nacho Monreal hasn’t been as consistent this season.
A number of left-back’s have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks but the Sun claim that Arsenal have now put forward a contract offer to Sead Kolasinac to try and lure him to north London.
The Bosnian international’s contract is due to expire in June and is therefore allowed to speak with foreign clubs about a free transfer move this summer after failing to agree an extension with Schalke.
The 23-year-old is considered as one of the best young full-backs in the Bundesliga so he’d be an excellent addition to the squad if we could snap him up on a free transfer.
However, it looks like we’ll face plenty of competition as the Sun claims that Liverpool, Man City, AC Milan, Juventus and Roma have also tabled contract offers to Kolasinac.
The newspaper suggests that Champions League football will be a decisive factor for the full-back so we’re highly unlikely to win the race for his signature if we miss out on the top four.