- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
[Ratings] Giroud to the rescue for Arsenal as Cech & Bellerin flop
Olivier Giroud scored in stoppage time as Arsenal came from three goals down to salvage a dramatic 3-3 draw at Bournemouth tonight.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 4.5/10 | Beaten at his near post yet again, nowhere near a poor penalty and nut-megged for their third so he had a night to forget. Although he did make a vital save at the death.
Bellerin 4.5/10 | Awful defending for Bournemouth’s first goal and was all over the place at times. He should have been stronger in the build up to the third goal but in fairness it was a foul.
Mustafi 6/10 | Superb late challenge prevented King scoring but passing was poor and miss-timed a few tackles.
Koscielny 5.5/10 | Wasn’t his usual dominant self and given plenty of problems by the Bournemouth attack before being subbed with cramp at 3-0.
Monreal 6/10 | Not particularly at fault for any of the goals but his crossing was disappointing at the other end.
Coquelin 5/10 | Lost possession in the middle of the park in the build up to their second. Went off shortly after with a hamstring injury.
Xhaka 6/10 | Brainless decision to shove Fraser over to concede the penalty but assisted the equaliser with a lovely ball.
Ramsey 5/10 | Left Bellerin exposed for the first goal and had no real influence in the game. His form is a real worry.
Iwobi 6/10 | A few fleeting moments but nothing really came off for him before being subbed midway through the second half.
Sanchez 7/10 | Scored our first goal with a far post header but looked frustrated all night and was constantly moaning at his team mates.
Giroud 8/10 | Made the difference again as he grabbed two assists and scored the stoppage time equaliser.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.5/10 | Another positive impact off the bench as his cross lead to the first goal.
Perez 8/10 | Stunning volley to make it 2-3 and he was a real threat. Deserves a run.
Gabriel 7/10 | On for Koscielny and didn’t really put a foot wrong.
To sum up, it was a bizarre game where Arsenal once again produced a real Jekyll and Hyde performance. We were truly woeful for 60 minutes but did superbly to fight back and salvage a point.