- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Player Ratings] Everton 2-1 Arsenal: Ozil/Walcott flop for Gunners
Arsenal let slip a one-goal lead to lose 2-1 to Everton at Goodison Park and blow our chance of moving back to the top of the Premier League table.
Alexis Sanchez opened the scoring with a deflected free-kick but we took our foot off the gas and let Everton grab a vital equaliser just before half-time when Seamus Coleman headed home unmarked.
We then barely got our of second gear in the second half and the Toffees grabbed the winner with Ashley Williams heading home in the 85th minute. Alex Iwobi missed a golden chance to steal a point at the death while Sanchez should also have had a penalty [watch the incident and the goals here] but we crashed to our second defeat of the season.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 | Made a great stop to deny Jagielka but could do little for the two goals due to the p*ss poor defending in front of him.
Bellerin 6.5/10 | Not as effective going forward as we’ve become accustomed to.
Gabriel 6/10 | A few shaky moments at the back. No question we missed Mustafi tonight.
Koscielny 7.5/10 | Nudged out of position for the Everton goal but was otherwise immense at the back.
Monreal 6/10 | Lost Coleman for the equaliser and was given a tough time by the hosts.
Coquelin 6/10 | Put himself about but we lack creativity in the middle of the park when he plays alongside Xhaka.
Xhaka 6/10 | Not his best display. Too safe with his passing and mistimed a few tackles.
Walcott 5/10 | Over committed with the first tackle on Baines before he crossed for the equaliser. Offered very little going forward.
Ozil 4/10 | Missed a golden chance to make it 2-1 shortly after half time and made no attempt to prevent Williams scoring the winner. Bottled it as he was bullied out the game by the aggressive Everton side. No question he’s a class player, but sadly he does tend to go missing when the going gets tough.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 5.5/10 | Slightly more dangerous than Walcott but still didn’t offer enough going forward.
Sanchez 6/10 | Fortunate to see his free-kick find the back of the net and was otherwise disappointing. Should have had a late penalty. Not his night, like many of his team-mates.
Giroud 6/10 | Gave them something different to deal with but couldn’t find the equaliser.
Iwobi 5/10 | Missed a glorious chance to snatch a point at the death after seeing his shot cleared off the line with the goal gaping.
Perez 5/10 | Should have come on earlier.