- Ozil & Sanchez out: My Arsenal XI to face Basel
- Arsenal drawn to face Preston in the 3rd round of the FA Cup
- Wenger’s team news: 1 player returns, 1 ruled out + Sanchez update
- [Photos] Triple injury boost for Arsenal as trio return to training
- [Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
- Video: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal: Sanchez bags stunning hat trick
- Teams: West Ham v Arsenal: Xhaka & Gabriel start
- Man City duo Aguero & Fernandinho set to miss crucial Arsenal match
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
Team News: Duo miss training + Wenger offers Cazorla update
Arsene Wenger has been speaking to the media at his press conference this afternoon ahead of Wednesday night’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
The boss has given a team news update ahead of the game and has confirmed that Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey have missed training today plus he’s offered the latest on Santi Cazorla.
Both Walcott and Ramsey were absent from an open training session at London Colney this morning with the pair understood to be suffering from minor toe injuries.
The duo worked on their fitness in the gym but thankfully Wenger has suggested that they should both be ‘okay’ to face PSG tomorrow night.
The boss also gave an update on Cazorla as the midfielder continues to struggle with his recovery from an Achilles injury which has already kept him out of action for over a month.
Wenger was reluctant to set t firm comeback date but is hopeful Cazorla will be ready to resume full training in two weeks and make his comeback in to the first team after getting a further two weeks training under his belt.
So as long as all goes to plan, Santi will miss the next seven games in all competitions but could be back in contention when we travel to the Etihad to take on Manchester City on December 18th.
Here is what Wenger told reporters today:
Wenger in the house, team news: "Everyone recovered from Sat. We left Walcott & Ramsey in (from training) should be okay tomorrow." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) November 22, 2016
Wenger says Cazorla could be back in full training in 2 weeks, but may need another 2 weeks to be match fit.
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) November 22, 2016