- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
New signing to start in 4-2-3-1: Arsenal’s expected line-up v Saints
The international break is almost over [thank god!] and Premier League football returns this weekend as Arsenal welcome Southampton to the Emirates on Saturday. This is the team I’d like to see Arsene Wenger go with….
Cech is our number one and should obviously keep his place ahead of Ospina.
Defence: Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal
Mustafi took part in his first training session with his new team mates on Wednesday and he’s fully expected to make his debut alongside Koscielny against Southampton this weekend.
Holding has done superbly in the absence of the injured Gabriel and Mertesacker but Wenger didn’t splash out over £30m for Mustafi to sit on the bench so I expect him to start on Saturday along with regular full-backs Monreal and Bellerin.
Midfield: Xhaka, Cazorla
Xhaka once again showed his ill-discipline after being sent off for Switzerland on Tuesday night [watch it here] but that’s no reason to think he won’t continue in midfield for Arsenal as he’s been excellent in his first two appearances for the club.
Cazorla was his partner against Watford last time out and I think they looked very good together. With Ramsey not expected to be risked ahead of the PSG game next week, I can see the Spaniard continuing in midfield and Coquelin/Elneny on the bench.
Attack: Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott
Walcott has performed well so far this season and has not only chipped in with a goal and an assist in three games, but he’s working hard for the team so I think he’ll keep his place in attack.
Iwobi is expected to be passed fit after recovering from a thigh injury but the youngster may have to make-do with a place on the bench as Alexis should be moved back to the wing this weekend while Ozil will obviously also start.
Fans are excited to see new signing Lucas Perez but I think the Spaniard will be named among the substitutes this weekend as Giroud is back to full fitness. Perez is expected to be eased in to action and we should see him at some point against Southampton but Giroud should lead the line from the start.
This would be my line-up to face Southampton:
What would be your line-up? Let me know your thoughts….