- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
[Video] Watch Granit Xhaka being sent off for Switzerland last night
Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka picked up yet another red card last night after collecting two yellow cards during Switzerland’s 2-0 win over Portugal.
Xhaka collected his first booking in the 71st minute for a mistimed kick on Adrien Silva before being given his marching orders for a late tackle from behind on Joao Mario in stoppage time.
It means Granit has now received a staggering 6 red cards and 32 yellow’s in his last 78 competitive matches for club and country. Which is an average of one red every 13 games!
I know we’ve all been crying our for a new midfield destroyer in recent years but that’s certainly a worrying stat. Xhaka looks to be a real player and should be a perfect fit in our midfield, but he’s going to have to sort out his disciplinary record.
By all means pick up a yellow for a crunching tackle on Pogba, Alli or Fabregas, but let’s try and avoid any needless red cards as he’s no good to us if he spends half his life suspended.
Anyway, besides the sending off, Xhaka looked like he had a good game for Switzerland as the beat the European champions. Here are some video highlights including his two bookings:
Xhaka's sent off for the Swiss pic.twitter.com/3VgLOX0Fma
— Arsenal FC (@FFArsenal) September 6, 2016