- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Video] Watch Granit Xhaka being sent off for Switzerland last night
Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka picked up yet another red card last night after collecting two yellow cards during Switzerland’s 2-0 win over Portugal.
Xhaka collected his first booking in the 71st minute for a mistimed kick on Adrien Silva before being given his marching orders for a late tackle from behind on Joao Mario in stoppage time.
It means Granit has now received a staggering 6 red cards and 32 yellow’s in his last 78 competitive matches for club and country. Which is an average of one red every 13 games!
I know we’ve all been crying our for a new midfield destroyer in recent years but that’s certainly a worrying stat. Xhaka looks to be a real player and should be a perfect fit in our midfield, but he’s going to have to sort out his disciplinary record.
By all means pick up a yellow for a crunching tackle on Pogba, Alli or Fabregas, but let’s try and avoid any needless red cards as he’s no good to us if he spends half his life suspended.
Anyway, besides the sending off, Xhaka looked like he had a good game for Switzerland as the beat the European champions. Here are some video highlights including his two bookings:
Xhaka's sent off for the Swiss pic.twitter.com/3VgLOX0Fma
— Arsenal FC (@FFArsenal) September 6, 2016