- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal blow as star faces 5 months out with knee injury – report
Some potentially concerning [depending on how you look at it] reports are circulating this evening claiming that Per Mertesacker is facing up to five months on the sidelines with a knee injury.
Per was left out of the squad that flew-out to the United States this afternoon for our pre-season tour with the club confirming that the German giant was suffering from a knee problem but no further details were given.
However, journalist Kike Marin has taken to Twitter to claim that Mertesacker’s injury looks to be serious and he could be facing as much as FIVE months on the treatment table. [See his tweet below]
Obviously we’ll have to wait for more details to come out before we get too disheartened/excited but this news has certainly got Arsenal fans divided on social media.
Some are lambasting our poor luck that yet another key player has been struck down by serious injury and it’s certainly a concern if Per is ruled out for any period of time, especially with Koscielny already out of the season opener against Liverpool.
However, there are some supporters celebrating the Mertesacker news as they think he’s not good enough to be a regular starter and his injury leaves Arsene Wenger with little option but to bring in another centre-back this summer.
I personally think we needed to sign another central defender before this Mertesacker news so we certainly need to dip in to the market if he’s ruled out for five months, but I’ll never celebrate an Arsenal player getting injured.
Let’s hope these reports are inaccurate and Per’s injury isn’t serious but let’s also pray that it’s an eye opener for Wenger and he steps-up his search for a top class defender.
— Kike Marin** (@Kike_Marin_) July 25, 2016