- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal to launch £32m bid for Argentinean hitman
Arsenal are ready to launch a £32m bid to sign Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi after missing out on the signing of Jamie Vardy this summer, according to a report on talkSPORT.
Arsene Wenger is on the market for a new striker this summer after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and the Gunners had hoped to sign Vardy after agreeing to trigger his £20m release clause at the start of the month.
However, the boss has been forced to look at alternative targets after Leicester confirmed earlier this week that the England international had opted to snub his proposed move to the Emirates in favour of signing a new deal at the King Power.
Several names have been linked with a move to north London in recent days but talkSPORT claim that Wenger has now made Argentinean international Mauro Icardi his new number one striker target this summer.
The news outlet suggests that Arsenal have been tracking the 23-year-old since last summer but are now ready to formalise their interest by testing Inter Milan’s resolve with an opening offer worth £32m.
Icardi has been impressing at the San Siro since joining Inter from Sampdoria in 2013 and has scored 52 goals and provided 15 assists in 105 games for the Serie A giants over the past three years.
We’ll have to wait and see how Inter respond to Arsenal’s offer if/when it’s officially put on the table but I think Icardi would be an interesting signing if we were able to lure the South American to the Emirates this summer.
He’s an out-and-out striker who has bags of ability and he’d give Wenger another option to Olivier Giroud through the middle, so I’d like to see him join Arsenal if we could get a deal agreed with Inter Milan over the coming weeks.