- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal to launch £32m bid for Argentinean hitman
Arsenal are ready to launch a £32m bid to sign Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi after missing out on the signing of Jamie Vardy this summer, according to a report on talkSPORT.
Arsene Wenger is on the market for a new striker this summer after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and the Gunners had hoped to sign Vardy after agreeing to trigger his £20m release clause at the start of the month.
However, the boss has been forced to look at alternative targets after Leicester confirmed earlier this week that the England international had opted to snub his proposed move to the Emirates in favour of signing a new deal at the King Power.
Several names have been linked with a move to north London in recent days but talkSPORT claim that Wenger has now made Argentinean international Mauro Icardi his new number one striker target this summer.
The news outlet suggests that Arsenal have been tracking the 23-year-old since last summer but are now ready to formalise their interest by testing Inter Milan’s resolve with an opening offer worth £32m.
Icardi has been impressing at the San Siro since joining Inter from Sampdoria in 2013 and has scored 52 goals and provided 15 assists in 105 games for the Serie A giants over the past three years.
We’ll have to wait and see how Inter respond to Arsenal’s offer if/when it’s officially put on the table but I think Icardi would be an interesting signing if we were able to lure the South American to the Emirates this summer.
He’s an out-and-out striker who has bags of ability and he’d give Wenger another option to Olivier Giroud through the middle, so I’d like to see him join Arsenal if we could get a deal agreed with Inter Milan over the coming weeks.