- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsene Wenger to meet agent this week to discuss signing £45m hitman
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger is set to meet the agent of Alexandre Lacazette in France this week to discuss a potential deal to sign the £45m-rated Lyon striker.
The boss is on the look out for a new striker this summer and has had to move on to alternative targets after Jamie Vardy snubbed his proposed switch to the Emirates in favour of signing a new deal at Leicester.
A number of strikers have been linked in recent weeks but the Mirror claim that Arsenal have set his sights on Lacazette and Wenger is understood to be due to hold talks with the 25-year-old’s agent in France this coming week to discuss a move.
Lacazette has just come off the back of another excellent season having scored 23 goals in 43 games to help Lyon finish second in the Ligue 1 table behind champions Paris Saint-Germain.
However, we aren’t the only club in the running for his signature as the report suggests that West Ham and Atletico Madrid are also interested in signing the French international this summer.
The Hammers are desperate to make an impression in the transfer market as they prepare to begin life at their new home – the Olympic Stadium – and they’ve already seen a £42m offer rejected.
Lacazette still has three years remaining on his contract meaning Lyon are under no immediate pressure to sell so the Mirror claim the French outfit are demanding £45m to cash-in this summer.
I think Lacazette would be a decent signing but he’s not at world class level just yet so I’de be surprised if Wenger was prepared to spend that kind of money on the Frenchman.
He’s not even selected ahead of Giroud for France – in fact he didn’t make their Euro 2016 squad – so personally, I’d rather we push the boat out and spend more to sign the likes of Higuain or Aubameyang than pay £45m for Lacazette.