- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal eye move for Brazil wonderkid dubbed the ‘Next Neymar’
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are eyeing a move for Brazil’s latest wonderkid Gabriel Barbosa, who’s been dubbed as the ‘next Neymar’.
Like the Barcelona super-star, Barbosa progressed through the youth ranks at Santos and has scored 50 goals in his 150 appearances for the Brazilian outfit since breaking in to the first team in 2013.
The 19-year-old is set to follow in the footsteps of Neymar on the international scene too after scoring on his debut for Brazil during a 2-0 win over Panama last weekend and he’s being tipped to shine at this summers Copa America after being named in Dunga’s squad.
It appears Barbosa’s potential has caught the eye of several Premier League clubs as the Mirror claim that Arsenal have joined Chelsea and Manchester United in showing a keen interest in the young attacker.
Barbosa is a versatile forward who’s capable of playing either our wide on the wings or through the middle as a striker so he’d offer plenty of options in the final third if he was to make the move to Arsenal.
The Mirror don’t indicate whether Arsene Wenger is ready to formalise his interest with a firm offer or how much Santos would want in order to sell the player, but it looks like Barbosa could be the next ‘wonderkid’ to come to Europe over the next couple of years.