- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Arsenal eye move for Brazil wonderkid dubbed the ‘Next Neymar’
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are eyeing a move for Brazil’s latest wonderkid Gabriel Barbosa, who’s been dubbed as the ‘next Neymar’.
Like the Barcelona super-star, Barbosa progressed through the youth ranks at Santos and has scored 50 goals in his 150 appearances for the Brazilian outfit since breaking in to the first team in 2013.
The 19-year-old is set to follow in the footsteps of Neymar on the international scene too after scoring on his debut for Brazil during a 2-0 win over Panama last weekend and he’s being tipped to shine at this summers Copa America after being named in Dunga’s squad.
It appears Barbosa’s potential has caught the eye of several Premier League clubs as the Mirror claim that Arsenal have joined Chelsea and Manchester United in showing a keen interest in the young attacker.
Barbosa is a versatile forward who’s capable of playing either our wide on the wings or through the middle as a striker so he’d offer plenty of options in the final third if he was to make the move to Arsenal.
The Mirror don’t indicate whether Arsene Wenger is ready to formalise his interest with a firm offer or how much Santos would want in order to sell the player, but it looks like Barbosa could be the next ‘wonderkid’ to come to Europe over the next couple of years.