- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Arsenal face fresh competition after making offer for 23-goal star
According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Arsenal are facing fresh competition from Manchester United for the signature of Borussia Dortmund attacker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
The Armenian international has just one year remaining on his contract and the Daily Star reported earlier this week that he’s decided to reject Dortmund’s latest extension offer.
The newspaper said the reason is because Mkhitaryan wants to move to the Premier League after receiving interest from England with Arsenal understood to be among the clubs who’ve tabled lucrative offers.
Mkhitaryan has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with the Armenian Press News Agency reporting last month that we’d made contact with Dortmund to discuss a deal after holding successful talks with the attackers agent.
So it looked as though we were well placed to secure a deal for Mkhitaryan, however, it seems we’re now facing fresh competition as Italian outlet Gianluca Di Marzio claims that United have also made enquiries over a potential deal while Italian champions are understood to be showing a keen interest.
Let’s hope we’ve already done enough to tempt Mkhitaryan to the Emirates as he’d be a sensational signing. The 27-year-old scored 23 goals and provided an unbelievable 32 assists in all competitions for Dortmund last season, making him one of the most dangerous attackers in Europe.
With Theo Walcott tipped to leave Arsenal after losing his place and Danny Welbeck out for most of next season, we need to bring in another wide attacker and Mkhitaryan would be ideal.
He’s capable of playing anywhere across the attacking positions but was deployed mostly on the right wing by Dortmund last season and as you can see by his incredible numbers, he was more than comfortable out there.
As he has just one year left on his deal, he should be available at a reasonable price as Dortmund won’t want to lose him for nothing by forcing him to see-out the final year of his contract, so let’s hope Wenger can get a deal done.