- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Set To Bid €20m For German Ace – Reports
Arsenal are ready to table a €20million bid for Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, according to reports in France.
The German international has been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months with Arsene Wenger on the look out for a defensive midfielder this summer.
It seems the boss is set to formalise his interest with French outlet Le10Sport reporting that we are ready to test Madrid’s resolve with a €20m offer – which works out at around £16m.
The Spanish giants have been strongly linked with the likes of Paul Pogba and Maro Verratti, so it’s possible Carlo Ancelotti will be open to the idea of cashing in on Khedira, but I fear it may take a bit more than €20m to persuade them to sell.
Transfer News: Arsenal handed striker boost
The 27-year-old missed practically the entire second half of last season with a serious knee injury, but he’s back fully fit and in the German squad for the World Cup finals, so Madrid are unlikely to let him leave on the cheap.
I’d love to see Khedira come in as he is one of the finest defensive midfielders in Europe and would be the perfect foil for the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Mesut Ozil next season, so hopefully Arsene is willing to go all-out and pay what it takes to bring him to north London.