- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Handed HUGE Boost In Striker Pursuit
Arsenal have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Alvaro Morata after Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti confirmed the striker will be allowed to leave this summer.
We’ve been on Morata’s trail for well over 12 months and came close to signing him on a six-month loan deal back in January before Ancelotti pulled the plug at the last minute.
Arsene Wenger is believed to have kept a close eye on the players situation during the second half of the season and reports have suggested we will renew our interest in the 21-year-old this summer.
It’s though the boss would prefer a permanent deal but would also consider a loan move, and it seems a short-term deal is now the most likely scenario after Ancelotti was quoted as saying that Morata will be allowed to leave this summer in search of regular first team football:
“The player wants to play more minutes and the club agrees.” Ancelotti said
“If he could find the chance of playing it would be good that he had the chance for a year.
“If Morata goes then we’ll have to think about signing a similar striker with the same characteristics, a youngster.” Source: Mirror
At least one striker will come in this summer but we may see two arrive in north London if Arsene decides to sign Morata on loan. If the Spanish youngster is signed on a short term deal, then ideally we will also bring in a world class forward who could play through the middle as well as out wide, giving us plenty of options in attack.
My two preferred options would be Barcelona duo Pedro or Alexis Sanchez, with both player believed to be available for transfer this summer, while Antoine Griezmann would also be a good shout.