- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Higuain Agrees Terms Over £22m Move – Fellaini Could Be Set To Follow
The summer transfer window could be about to hot-up for Arsenal fans with reports today claiming we’ve agreed terms with Gonzalo Higuain over a potential £22m move from Real Madrid.
The well-respected Telegraph newspaper are one of several media outlets who’re reporting that the Argentinean hitman has agreed personal terms of £130,000-a-week to move to the Emirates this summer with a £22m deal understood to be close to completion.
The boss is believed to be keen to conclude negotiations with the Spanish giants quickly and he’s confident he’ll have Higuain on board before we fly out to the Far East for a pre-season tour early next month.
Should this deal go through it would represent a huge shift in Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy and be a real statement of intent from the club. Fans have been crying out for us to spend some money and open the purse strings a little and with all the talk of Wenger having a ‘£70m warchest’ at his disposal, it seems we’re finally being given our wish.
If signing Higuain wouldn’t be exciting enough, the Telegraph are also reporting that Arsenal hold a serious interest in Everton’s Marouane Fellaini and are eager to pursue a deal, but Wenger has so far been reluctant to match the Belgian’s £24m buy-out clause.
Personally, I’d love to see Fellaini join the club and £24m seems a reasonable price for a 25-year-old international who’s proven in the Premier League and would offer something different to the squad. If we’re serious about buying him, I suggest we get things moving asap before the likes of Chelsea and Man City come sniffing….if they haven’t done so already.
Just imagine how much stronger the Arsenal starting eleven would look with Higuain and Fellaini in it:
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Arteta - Wilshere
Walcott – Fellaini – Cazorla
You can argue about how we’d shape up and who would play where, but there aren’t many better sides than that around, that’s for sure. MAKE IT HAPPEN ARSENE!
Check out more Arsenal Transfer News
Would you like to see Higuain and Fellaini sign this summer? Would we have a team capable of challenging for the title? Share your views below…