- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal ready to do £35m deal, fans won’t be happy with this one
According to the Telegraph, Arsenal are ready to sell Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for £35m this summer and Liverpool are reportedly willing to meet our asking price.
The Ox is approaching the final year of his contract and has understandably become frustrated at the lack of urgency being shown by Arsenal to tie him down to a fresh deal.
The clubs hierarchy have focused their attention on resolving the future’s of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and boss Arsene Wenger in recent months with the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain being overlooked.
Negotiations over a new contract haven’t even begun with the 23-year-old’s camp and widespread reports in recent weeks have suggested that the midfielder has decided he wants a new challenge this summer.
The England international has been impressing in a more central role during the second half of the season but he’s still only managed 12 league starts and his progress has been disappointing since arriving from Southampton in 2011.
Arsene has insisted that he wants The Ox to stay but the Telegraph claim that the club are ready to sell if £35m is put on the table and it seems Liverpool are prepared to do just that to get a deal done.
The newspaper says that Jurgen Klopp is desperate to take Oxlade-Chamberlain to Anfield this summer and the Merseysiders haven’t been put off by our £35m asking price.
Personally, I’d be disappointed if we agreed to do business with a rival such as Liverpool for a player with the potential of Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Sure, he’s not progressed as we all had hoped but his ability is clear for all to see and all he needs is proper training and guidance – something he’s not getting under the current regime at Arsenal.
Like many fans, I want to see change at the club this summer and feel a new manager and coaching set-up would bring the best out of the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain.
He’s only 23 and the last thing I want to see is The Ox going to Liverpool and thriving under Klopp at Anfield for the next ten years when he should have been fulfilling his potential at Arsenal.