- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he’ll make wholesale changes to his team tomorrow night and revealed the names of nine players who will feature in our EFL Cup clash with Reading.
The boss fielded a weakened side in the third round and he plans to play a similar eleven to the team that beat Nottingham Forest with several of our back-up players given a chance to impress at the Emirates on Tuesday night.
Olivier Giroud is set to make his return to action after missing over six weeks through injury – although the game will come too soon for Aaron Ramsey with the midfielder still working his way back to full fitness following a hamstring problem.
Wenger has also revealed that Gabriel and Rob Holding will start in defence with Carl Jenkinson set to make his first start of the new season after recovering from a serious knee injury.
Kieran Gibbs will captain the side at left-back while youngster Jeff Reine-Adelaide will be given a rare chance in attack alongside first team regular Alex Iwobi.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also in-line to start against Reading while Lucas Perez will make just his third start for the club since joining in the summer and he’ll look to build on his brace in the previous round.
Here is what Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on Giroud and Ramsey…
I think Olivier will be included, but for Aaron it is too early although he is back in full training now.
on his squad against Reading…
It will be a similar squad to against Nottingham Forest. We will have Gabriel, Holding, Jenkinson will be back and will play. Jeff Reine-Adelaide will play, otherwise I think Iwobi, Lucas, Oxlade-Chamberlain will also play. Gibbs – who captained the team at Forest – will do it again on Tuesday.
So with Emi Martinez expected to start in goal and Mohamed Elneny likely to marshall the midfield we pretty-much know the starting eleven for tomorrow’s night’s visit of Reading.