- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsene Wenger offers Jack Wilshere injury update….
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the fitness of Jack Wilshere and thankfully the midfielder is due to resume training next week.
Wilshere was forced to miss last weeks friendly win over Mexcian side Chivas in Los Angeles after picking up a minor knee injury in training while on our pre-season tour of the United States.
The midfielder was then left out of the squad that headed for Norway earlier this week and he therefore sat out the resounding 8-0 victory over Viking FK last night.
Understandably, given his long history of injury problems, fans were concerned that Jack could miss the start of the season and was set for yet another spell on the sidelines.
However, Wenger appears to have allayed those fears after telling Arsenal.com that Wilshere is back running and will train with the rest of the first team when we return from Scandinavia on Monday.
Jack has started running again today. He will train next week.
Obviously this comes as a huge relief as the last thing we needed was Wilshere picking up another serious injury. The 24-year-old suffered what was initially thought to be a ‘minor’ injury around this time last year only to miss the entire season.
Hopefully Jack can get a full weeks training under his belt and put himself in contention to face Liverpool next Sunday, as with Mesut Ozil out and Aaron Ramsey struggling for fitness, we could certainly do with having Wilshere available.