- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Arsene Wenger offers Jack Wilshere injury update….
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the fitness of Jack Wilshere and thankfully the midfielder is due to resume training next week.
Wilshere was forced to miss last weeks friendly win over Mexcian side Chivas in Los Angeles after picking up a minor knee injury in training while on our pre-season tour of the United States.
The midfielder was then left out of the squad that headed for Norway earlier this week and he therefore sat out the resounding 8-0 victory over Viking FK last night.
Understandably, given his long history of injury problems, fans were concerned that Jack could miss the start of the season and was set for yet another spell on the sidelines.
However, Wenger appears to have allayed those fears after telling Arsenal.com that Wilshere is back running and will train with the rest of the first team when we return from Scandinavia on Monday.
Jack has started running again today. He will train next week.
Obviously this comes as a huge relief as the last thing we needed was Wilshere picking up another serious injury. The 24-year-old suffered what was initially thought to be a ‘minor’ injury around this time last year only to miss the entire season.
Hopefully Jack can get a full weeks training under his belt and put himself in contention to face Liverpool next Sunday, as with Mesut Ozil out and Aaron Ramsey struggling for fitness, we could certainly do with having Wilshere available.