- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Striker due in London for Arsenal talks ahead of potential £42m move
According to the Express, striker Mauro Icardi is due to fly-in to London this coming week to hold talks with Arsenal ahead of a potential £42m move from Inter Milan.
Arsene Wenger has been desperately trying to bring in another striker this summer after missing out on Jamie Vardy following his decision to stay with Leicester City and sign a new contract.
All the talk over the past week has centered around our swoop for Gonzalo Higuain but with the Napoli hitman’s release clause set at an eye-watering £78m, it looks like Arsene is now looking at cheaper alternatives.
The Express cite reports coming from Sky Italia that claim Arsenal have turned their attention to Mauro Icardi and the Inter Milan striker is supposedly due to fly to London for face-to-face talks over the coming days.
The 23-year-old has been linked with a move away from the San Siro this summer amid reports of a contract dispute but the newspaper says that Inter would demand at least £42m for the Argentinean international’s signature.
These reports come just days after Icardi’s wife and agent, Wanda Nara, was quoted in the Evening Standard as saying that Arsenal were among a whole host of clubs who’ve put forward offers for the striker so we could yet face stiff competition.
Icardi is a hugely talented striker and he’s scored 52 goals in 105 appearances for Inter since joining them from Sampdoria in 2013, so he has a decent record in front of goal.
I personally don’t think he’s on the same level as Higuain just yet but he’s five years younger so has plenty of time left over to develop his game further, so I think he’d be an exciting signing if we could wrap-up a deal this summer.