- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Player wants Arsenal move as Wenger eyes Ligue 1 star – reports
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal are eyeing a move for Lyon midfielder Corentin Tolisso and the player is keen on making a switch to North London.
Tolisso has emerged as one of the hottest young talents in French football since breaking in to the Lyon first team in recent years and it’s led to him becoming a regular for the French under-21’s.
The 21-year-old impressed during his 45 appearances in all competitions last season with his seven goals and seven assists helping Lyon to a second placed finish behind run-away champions Paris Saint-Germain.
It appears his potential has caught the attention of Arsene Wenger as the Express are citing a report coming from L’Equipe that claims Arsenal are showing an interest in signing the youngster this summer.
The French outlet suggests that Napoli are also tracking Tolisso and are preparing a £12m offer but the midfielder favours a move to Arsenal and would be keen on a switch to the Emirates should we formalise out interest with a bid.
However, Tolisso is a central midfielder and Wenger has already brought in Mohamed Elneny in January and Granit Xhaka last month so I’m not sure we need to sign another midfield player this summer.
Tomas Rosicky, Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini are all set to leave at the end of the month but with Xhaka on board we have ample central midfield options so I’m confussed as to why we’re still being linked with midfielders in the newspapers.
The only way a see Arsene signing another central player is if one of our current crop is leaving. Wilshere? No chance. Cazorla? Unlikely. Ramsey? I doubt it, but we might consider it if a huge offer came in. Coquelin? Perhaps, as his position is under real threat following the arrival of Xhaka.
Who knows, the chances are this is idle paper talk and nothing more will come of it, but I personally think our business is done when it comes to midfielders this summer.