- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Wenger confirms Jack Wilshere has suffered injury setback
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of the Stoke City game and revealed that Jack Wilshere has suffered a ‘little setback’ in his recovery from an ankle injury.
Wilshere has been out for over a month after suffering a hairline fracture to his lower Fibula at the start of the season and he was initially expected to resume full training after the international break.
However, the boss has confirmed to reporters this morning that Jack has suffered what he describes as a ‘little setback’ and admitted that his recovery is going slower than expected.
Obviously the midfielder will not be available against Stoke on Saturday and Arsene says they have no comeback date in mind just yet.
He told reporters:
Wenger says Wilshere has suffered "a little setback" in his recovery. Won't be available for Stoke. No return date.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) September 10, 2015
I think it’s safe to say I won’t be the only one who’s not in the least bit surprised by this news. Jack has an unfortunate habit of suffering ‘setbacks’ and it looks like he’s now struggling to get over his latest ankle problem.
We’ll just have to wait and see when he’s able to get back training properly again and hope he doesn’t have any further delays in his rehabilitation.
Let’s pray this doesn’t turn in to another season of injury hell for the midfielder as he really needs to start fulfilling his potential at the Emirates.