- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
World class hitman tipped to make surprise late move to Arsenal
Arsenal are being tipped to complete a shock swoop for Paris Saint-Germain during the closing stages of the transfer window.
So far our search for a top class striker has proven fruitless this summer with Real Madrid refusing to do business for Arsene Wenger’s prime target Karim Benzema.
Speculation on Monday claimed that Arsene had travelled to France to hold talks with PSG over a potential deal for Edinson Cavani but the Metro suggest that during those negotiations, Ibrahimovic’s name cropped up.
The newspaper says that while PSG made it clear Cavani wasn’t for sale, the French champions did indicate that they were willing to do business for the Swedish international.
No fee has been mentioned in the article but as he’s in the final year of his deal, I suspect it wouldn’t be excessive.
The bookmakers have responded to the news by slashing the odds on Ibra joining Arsenal with many now tipping us to secure a sensational last minute deal, with Betfair cutting the odds to just 2/1.
It remains to be seen whether that will be the case but I have a feeling we’ve left it too late. I’d love to see the 33-year-old come to the club, even just for a season, as I think he’s a fantastic footballer.
He’s a total nut-job and has an ego bigger than Mourinho’s, but there’s no doubting his ability and I actually think he’d fit in well with our system. However, I fear we’ve left it too late to get a deal over the line.
So it’s looking increasingly likely that Petr Cech will be our only significant signing of the summer, which is an utter disgrace for a club of Arsenal’s stature….