- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Blow As Wenger Rules Midfield Duo Out Of Palace Clash
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is unlikely to return to face Crystal Palace while Aaron Ramsey is still 10 days away from returning to action.
The Ox has been out for over three weeks due to a niggling groin injury but there were hopes he could be back in contention for a place in the squad after returning to full training on Thursday.
However, speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to Selhurst Park, Wenger confirmed that the midfielder is likely to be a bit ‘short’ to be considered this weekend.
It’s a blow but there’s no point rushing him back too soon and risking a setback so probably best to leave him out and hopefully The Ox will be available to face Monaco on Wednesday night.
The boss also revealed that Aaron Ramsey won’t play any part against Palace as he’s still 10 days away from recovering from a hamstring injury that he picked up against Leicester.
If that timescale is accurate then Rambo is also set to miss the Monaco game and next weekend’s clash with Everton at the Emirates.
Thankfully, Jack Wilshere is back in the squad tomorrow so we should have enough options in midfield while Ramsey recovers.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 20, 2015