- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Mesut Ozil
Arsene Wenger has offered a positive update on Mesut Ozil after revealing that the playmaker is only facing six weeks on the sidelines.
The German FA announced last week that Ozil would miss up to 12 weeks after scans revealed he had suffered ligament damage to his left knee.
Mesut picked up the injury during our 2-0 defeat to Chelsea just before the international break, when he felt a ‘crack’ in his knee towards the end of the first half.
However, Arsene has been speaking to the press at his pre-match conference today and revealed that the 26-year-old was only expected to be out for ‘at least six weeks’.
The boss told reporters:
Wenger: "Ozil is out for at least six weeks. The positive news is Theo, Serge and Mikel are back in the squad."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) October 16, 2014
This is a major boost as Ozil should now be back by late November and may only miss 9 fixtures, instead of the 17 he could have missed had he not returned until the New Year as first expected.
Let’s hope his recovery goes well and he’s back as soon as possible, as I have a feeling we’re going to miss him while he’s on the sidelines.