- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal To Complete Fifth Summer Signing On Monday – Reports
Some interesting reports coming out of Portugal tonight with respected journalists claiming that Porto attacker Juan Fernando Quintero is set to complete a £15.8m move to Arsenal on Monday.
Reports earlier this week claimed we had agreed a £15.8m fee for the Colombian international but I personally didn’t take much notice of it all as it seemed to be nothing more than speculation.
However, several reports are now doing the rounds suggesting the 21-year-old will travel to London in the next few days with a view to completing a move to the Emirates on Monday.
The rumours originate from Portugal with Diego Rueda one of several top journalists who are claiming a deal is in the pipeline and Quintero is believed to have trained with Porto for the last time today before flying to London to seal his move to Arsenal.
Obviously some British newspaper like the Daily Star and the Metro have now picked up on the news and the speculation is growing by the minute that we’re closing in on the attackers signature.
It’s difficult to know what to make of it all but I suppose the fact it’s Portuguese journalists making these claims should give some credibility to the reports, as who should know what’s going on at Portugal’s biggest club better than the Portuguese journalists?
Quintero enjoyed a superb season for Porto last year and caught the eye at the World Cup for Colombia, but his signing would be a little strange. A tricky play-maker is probably the last thing we need right now, so if this deal does come off, it would suggest that Arsene is about to sell someone.
The two main candidates would be Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla. Talk of a move for Podolski has died down recently, but unfortunately rumours have been rife suggesting that Santi is set for a move to Atletico Madrid.
I’d be hugely disappointed if the boss decided to sell Cazorla to make room for Quintero, as the 29-year-old is one of our most talented players and although he wasn’t at his best for parts of last year, I was really looking forward to seeing him alongside Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey and Sanchez this season.
So if Quintero’s arrival means Santi leaving, I’d rather we didn’t go ahead with the deal, but obviously I don’t make the decisions, so we’ll have to see how things develop over the coming days.
But from the reports in Portugal, it looks like Quintero is set to become our fifth major summer signing….