- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Report: Arsenal Chief In Italy Trying To Sign Prolific Striker
Arsenal have given up trying to land No.1 forward target Julian Draxler and chief contract-fixer Dick Law is now in Italy trying to thrash out a loan deal for Lazio striker Miroslav Klose, according to reports today.
We’ve been in talks all week with Schalke for Draxler but with the German’s refusing to lower their £37m asking price and Wenger not willing to meet it, we’ve now switched our focus to a short-term option.
Various newspapers have claimed we’re interested in Klose over the past few hours but Goal are now reporting that Dick Law is already in Italy and holding talks with Lazio about a six-month loan deal.
Klose is now 35 years old but has been one of the most prolific strikers in Europe over the past 10 years, scoring 203 goals in 514 club appearances during time at the likes of Bayern Munich and Werder Breman, as well as 68 in 130 for Germany.
While he’s now coming to the end of his career, he’ll certainly provide us with a real goal threat up front if we do manage to land him and with Lazio apparently signing Helder Postiga, it looks like a deal could be done.
Klose could follow another veteran to the Emirates with 31-year-old Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom set to complete a loan move today as well.
Will you be happy if our two signings are Kallstrom and Klose?