- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
My Preferred Starting XI To Play Southampton With Podolski Starting
Arsenal get back to Premier League action tomorrow night as we visit St Mary’s to take on Southampton.
We eased past Coventry City 4-0 at the Emirates in the FA Cup on Friday night to book a tasty fifth round clash against Liverpool but it will be league duties we’re concentrating on tomorrow as we hope to extend our lead at the top of the table.
Wojciech Szczesny and Bacary Sagna are almost certain to return after being rested on Friday but Kieran Gibbs may retain his place at left-back at the expense of Monreal.
Thomas Vermaelen is back in the squad but is likely to be on the bench with Per Mertesacker continuing his partnership alongside Laurent Koscielny.
We’ve had a few injuries in midfield lately and Jack Wilshere is the latest concern with Arsene Wenger confirming at his press conference today that he is a major doubt for the trip to the south coast after picking up an ankle knock against Coventry.
Thankfully, Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey are back fit and available so the pair should come straight back in. I’m assuming Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky are still unavailable as the boss failed to mention them in his team news update today, but neither should be out for any length of time.
In attack, I think Lukas Podolski has done enough to warrant a starting spot in the league having scored a brace on Friday. Serge Gnabry has started the last three games so could do with a rest and Cazorla or even Ozil could move out to the right.
Here’s my team for the game:
This eleven is more than capable of going to St Mary’s and coming away with three points which will ensure we keep our place at the top of the Premier League table for at least a few more days. COYG!!
What team would you like Wenger to go with?