- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
TEAM NEWS: Wenger On Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey + Vermaelen
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been holding his press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Southampton and he’s given the latest team news ahead of the match.
Unfortunately, the Frenchman has revealed that Jack Wilshere is a doubt for the game after picking up a minor ankle knock during our 4-0 win over Coventry City on Friday night.
Thankfully, should Jack fail to make the trip to the south coast we’ll have both Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey to call upon after Wenger confirmed the duo are now fit and available.
Ramsey has missed the last month after picking up a thigh strain against West Ham back on Boxing Day while Arteta has been out with a calf problem, but it will be good to have the duo back in contention, particularly with Wilshere a doubt.
Thomas Vermaelen is also fit again after missing the last three games with a knee problem suffered against Tottenham, but the Belgian will most likely be on the bench with Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny continuing their fine partnership at the back.
At Colney. Wenger: "We have a doubt about Wilshere who had an ankle problem during the Coventry game. Vermaelen, Arteta & Ramsey all back."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) January 27, 2014