- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Bendtner Explains Events That Led To Arrest For Criminal Damage
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has explained his version of events which led to him being arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
Reports on Monday night claimed that the 25-year-old had been arrested by Hertfordshire police in connection with damage to a door in his apartment building where he lives in the Bushey area.
A statement from the police read:
“A 25-year-old man from Bushey has been cautioned for criminal damage and is no longer in custody. He was arrested in connection with an incident which occurred at an address in The Avenue, Bushey, in the early hours of 24 November.”
Bendtner was cautioned and released without charge and he has now taken to Instagram to give his version of events on how the door become damaged.
It seems he was out with family and friends on Saturday night following our 2-0 win over Southampton and decided to have a late night swim – as you do – so they went back to use the facilities where the striker lives. However, the door to the gym wouldn’t open, despite his key fob turning the lock green, so basically they decided to kick it in, assuming it was just stuck.
The Dane has paid for the damage caused and apologised to his neighbours for any inconvenience, saying the matter is now closed. While Bendtner may like to think the incident will be swept under the carpet, I think the reality is this will just go down as another black dot on his record and push him further out the Emirates exit door.
This is not the first time he’s been arrested for criminal damage, afterall. If memory serves me right, he was also picked up by police along with Lee Cattermole when he was on loan at Sunderland for damaging cars after a night out.
Here are his Instagram posts where he explains what went down on Saturday night: