- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Suarez Given Permission By Liverpool To Hold Talks With Arsenal
According to the BBC, Liverpool have granted Luis Suarez permission to talk with Arsenal over a potential move to the Emirates, but the Merseysiders are adamant the striker wont be sold unless their £50m-plus valuation is met.
Arsenal tabled a £40,000,001 bid for the Uruguayan on Tuesday and the extra £1 was believed to have activated a clause in the strikers contract that meant Liverpool had to inform him of the offer, while some also suggested it would automatically mean the player was free to hold talks with us.
The exact nature of the clause remains open to debate but the BBC are reporting this afternoon that Liverpool have now given Suarez permission to talk with Arsenal, and it looks like this potentially record-breaking deal has moved a step closer to becoming a reality.
The BBC had earlier claimed that Suarez was interested in a move to the Emirates – which he must be if he wants to hold talks with the club – so the major stumbling block is agreeing a price with Liverpool and it seems Brendan Rodgers is determined to get at least £50m for his star man.
Whether Arsenal will be prepared to meet this figure remains to be seen but if Suarez was to hand in a transfer request it would go very-much in our favour. It would be a bold move for him to do so though, particularly given how much Liverpool and their fans have stuck by him during the last two years, but you wouldn’t put it past him if he really wants out of Anfield.
It’s starting to hot up Gooners and with Gonzalo Higuain in Italy to complete his move to Napoli, lets hope we can get a deal done for Suarez soon or we might find Real Madrid enter the bidding and really screw things up for us.
Do you think we’ll sign Suarez? Would you pay £50m for him?