- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Arsenal agree £5.9m GK deal, personal terms also agreed
According to a report by Fichajes, Arsenal have reached an agreement with Fenerbahce over a £5.9m deal for David Ospina and the goalkeeper has also agreed personal terms with the Turkish giants.
Ospina has been our number two for the past couple of seasons and has been restricted to playing in the Champions League and FA Cup this year with Petr Cech our regular number one.
Reports in recent weeks have suggested the Colombian international isn’t happy being our ‘cup keeper’ and is looking to leave the club this summer, with a switch to Turkey now on the cards.
talkSPORT reported yesterday that Arsenal were negotiating a fee with Fenerbahce after Ospina had agreed personal terms over a four-year deal worth around £40,000-a-week.
Initially it was suggested that the Turks only wanted to pay around £2.5m for the 28-year-old, however, Fichajes now claim that a £5.9m fee has been agreed between the two clubs.
That seems like a decent deal to me for our back-up keeper and the focus should now be on bringing in a replacement for Ospina ahead of next season.
Personally, I think we need a keeper who’s ready to push Cech for the No.1 shirt as the 34-year-old has shown this season that’s he’s past his prime.
Jack Butland and Jordan Pickford have been touted as potential targets in the media but my dream signing would be Jan Oblak. Sadly that’s all it will be….a dream.