- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Season over: Arsenal midfielder suffers fractured leg
Some devastating injury news to bring you this morning as the Telegraph are reporting that Jack Wilshere’s season is over after suffering a fractured leg.
Wilshere – who’s been enjoying a season on loan at Bournemouth – was forced off during their defeat to Tottenham last week following a collision with Harry Kane.
The midfielder was seen leaving White Hart Lane in a protective boot but there were hopes that he had avoided serious injury after initial scans did not show any signs of a break.
However, the Telegraph claim that further scans were undertaken on Tuesday and the bad news has now been confirmed after a hairline crack was found on his lower leg.
The injury has been suffered to the same area of his fibula that saw Jack miss the majority of last season and he’ll now return to Arsenal to begin his latest rehabilitation programme.
Obviously the season is over for Wilshere and he’s facing another extended spell on the sidelines but this latest injury must throw his Arsenal future in to serious doubt.
His contract is approaching it’s final year and this season on loan at Bournemouth was seen as the last throw of the dice to see if he could get a full injury-free season under his belt to get him back to his best form.
It was an encouraging start and he impressed during his 27 appearances on the south coast this season but unfortunately nobody is surprised that he’s broken down with another serious injury.
I just can’t see how we can offer him a new deal as his body just doesn’t seem capable of staying injury free as this was only the second time in his career that Wilshere has managed over 25 league appearances.
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Jack this summer but I think we’ll see the club actively looking to sell him. Although he might struggle to pass any medical….